By following the manufacturer's recommendations on proper care and maintenance, you will enhance the life and performance of your flooring. Consult your specific warranty for detailed cleaning and maintenance instructions.
- SWEEP OR VACUUM REGULARLY - dust and dirt acts as an abrasive on your vinyl or resilient flooring, causing its appearance to become dull. Use a soft broom, dust mop or a soft vacuum attachment without a beater bar or sharp edges that could scratch your floor. Vacuum floors at least once a week and dust mop or sweep in between vacuuming.
- MOPPING - follow the manufacturer's guidelines for damp mopping, using the products that they recommend.
- SPILLS - remove promptly. Consult the manufacturer's warranty for details on the proper procedure for handling a spill. Never use abrasive cleaners or scrubbing pads.
- FLOOR MATS - to reduce dirt and grit from damaging your vinyl or resilient flooring, some manufacturers suggest using frequently cleaned mats or rugs in high traffic areas, particularly at exterior entries. Make sure that the backing on the carpet is recommended for vinyl or resilient flooring. Rubber backed carpets may leave a discolouration on your floor. Also, make sure that dirt or grit is not left beneath the carpet or mat, as this will abrade your floors.
- FLOOR PROTECTORS - use soft floor protectors on the underside of furnishing and chairs to prevent scratches and abrasions. Use glide systems for kitchen appliances and ensure that your floor is protected when moving furnishings.
- FOOTWEAR - do not walk on the floor in high heels, cleats or shoes with deep treads that may hold grit or stones that can cause permanent marks or gouges.
- PETS - trim pets' claws to avoid excess scratches.
Click here to download our PDF for vinyl & resilient floor care.